Don joined Good Shepherd in 2018 and is one of our Advanced
Don’s practical and tactical experience includes multiple combat
deployments as a Forward Observer and as a competitive pistol shooter.
Don’s Certifications Include:
- National Rifle Association
- United States Concealed Carry Association
Justin graduated from Western Illinois University in 2005 with a Bachelor’s degree in Law Enforcement Justice & Administration. He started his career as an Asset Protection Investigator and quickly advanced to management. He later attended the Police Training Institute at the University of Illinois in 2008 and worked as a patrolman for the city of Macomb. In 2010 he enlisted in the Illinois Army National Guard with A Co 1/178 Infantry Regiment in Bartonville IL. In 2013, he completed OCS and was commisioned as a first luitenant. Since his commissioning he has served as an Infantry plattoon leader, military police assisant operations officer and is now a military police company commander for the 404th MEB HHC in Normal IL. Justin is currently continuing his eduation in the Business and Organizational Security Management Masters Degree Program at Webster’s University, FT Leonard Wood MO.
Some of his qualificaitons and certifications are listed below:
- Taser X-26 Certification
- Handcuffing, Extended Baton, Pepper Spray and Compliance Take Down Certification
- Bail Enforcement/Fugitive Enforcement Certification
- Bail Enforcement Firearms Training Certification
- FEMA National Incident Management Systems IS-00700
- FEMA Introducton To The Incident Command System IS-00100.LE
- GLOCK Armorer’s Course
- PTI Basic Law Enforcement #2466
- Cerificate of Permanent Appointment Macomb Police Department
- Dignitary Protecton DPP 101
- Juvenile Specialist Program Certification
- Illinois Permanent Registration Card
- U.S. Army Infantry Basic Officer Leader Course
- Military Police Captain’s Career Course
- U.S, Army Air Assault
Brian Wood started Good Shepherd Defense and Training, LLC out
of the necessity for proper firearms training in the Central Illinois area.
Brian served in the Army for 12 years with the 1st and 25th Infantry
Divisions and was a Tactical Combat Advisor. There, his passion for
instruction was born and he continued serving until he was injured and
medically discharged. Brian was awarded the Bronze Star Medal twice
during his multiple deployments. After the military Brian sought civilian
credentials with the USCCA, NRA, Tazewell County, Illinois State Police,
and the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board. He pours
his passion into each and every class.