Pat began training in HaganaH (an Israeli military self-defense) in 2004.
By 2011 he became assistant instructor. By 2013 he became a full instructor
and then took over as Chief Instructor in 2015 where he still teaches class
regularly. In 2011 he began instructing for TacMed essentials program under
the direction of Dr. John Wipfler. In these classes Pat teaches unarmed
combatives to students as well as basic firearms skills. The Tacmed
advanced class is a 4-day intensive course covering all aspects of dealing
with, securing and setting up safe haven for SWAT teams in the event of a
mass shooter incident with primary focus on medical support. Pat also has
had the privilege to instruct for the last 5 years at the Kagami-Biraki Gasshuku
seminar. This is a national Shuri Ryu Karate conference where my main subject
matter taught was blade combatives. Pat also holds rank in Chi Jo Sento Ju Jitsu,
Shuri Ryu Karate, Judo and Shin Kage Ryu Samurai sword.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- 2nd degree Expert, HaganaH F.I.G.H.T.
- IDFPR certified
- PERC certified
- NRA certified, Range Safety Officer.
- NRA certified, Basic Pistol Instructor.
- NRA certified, Personal protection inside the home Instructor.
- NRA certified, Personal protection outside the home Instructor.
- Illinois State Police certified Concealed Carry Instructor.
- FEMA certified, Active shooter in the workplace.
- U.S. Fugitive Enforcement Bureau Apprentice.
- Basic first aid, CPR, AED certified.
- Advanced Tacmed certified
- HAZWOPR certified.